Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Chrome Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - I was going to pay for this to be done but my shops vinyl guy quit so they have no one to do it. I found a kit online for $150 and it sounds like they send you replacement pieces if you mess up for free. How many of you guys tried this and succeeded? Only other quote I got was $750 which is bit rich for my blood.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Hey guys - I was going to pay for this to be done but my shops vinyl guy quit so they have no one to do it. I found a kit online for $150 and it sounds like they send you replacement pieces if you mess up for free. How many of you guys tried this and succeeded? Only other quote I got was $750 which is bit rich for my blood.
I did my own with blue painters tape, pencils and an exacto knife. 1" & 4" Orafol detail tape. It cost me about $40 in materials and made my own. The side cameras are freaking tiny and really requires patience. Put the tape on, use the pencil to bring out the edges, peel off the car and apply to the detail tape. Cut with Xacto, remove detail tape backing and stick in place carefully. Make sure the detail tape is well adhered and then peel off the blue painters tape. Gently roll an edge until it lifts from the detail tape. This is my take... IMG_20190806_092434550.jpg IMG_20190806_103502945.jpg IMG_20190811_171834007.jpg IMG_20190719_161225845.jpg IMG_20190718_113607379.jpg IMG_20190720_114749760.jpg

Hey DIY'ers,
Does anyone have a delete template for just the side mirror pieces?
I've done the door trim with Vivid Pro+ gloss black. Looks great, like it's OE.
I'd prefer to have a kit for the mirrors, but would like to be sure the color matches and use what I already have.
Just don't want to try and stretch/cut a bigger piece. Would be easier to cut from a template I could print out first, then small trims where needed.
Anyone?