Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY CQuartz - how much do you need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have anyone tried applying CQuartz by your self? I'm not talking about CQuartz Finest, just regular CQuartz where it can be purchased by non-professional detailers. Autogeek sells a 30ml and 50ml package, does anyone know if the 30ml is enough to do the whole model s? The 30ml is a kit, but it looks like the 50ml is just the CQuartz itself.

I haven't done it myself, but I have watched cQuartz Finest being applied - you could probably do a few cars with the small bottle. Make sure your car is polished and pristine and consider using Iron X and/or Eraser (also made by CarPro) first. Whatever is under the cQuartz will stay under the cQuartz. Make sure you use the applicator pad.

Also, it would seem that less is more when it comes to these products. Work slowly on sections using straight lines and even coverage. You definitely do not want to let blobs or ridges dry as they are extremely difficult to remove. Let the cQuartz cure for at least 8 hours before getting it wet. Make sure the car is cool to the touch while applying. Consider using masking tape to block off sections and/or gaps.

You can do the S with 30ml. Remember, less is more. Auto geek sells the 30ml in a nice package. As mentioned by jdw, prepping the car is the most important. The stuff is amazing. I'm going on a year and I basically just hose off my car. Use your clay bar, erasure, Quartz, reload...

Check with Corey at [email protected]. He is totally awesome. I think you can get Finest from him, as he is a distributor. However, if you cannot buy direct, talk to the absolute best detailer on the planet, Joe Torbati: [email protected]. These guys are not only obsessed, they are the greatest. Joe was doing my car at 10PM PST, had a question and called Corey at 1AM EST, and he picked up immediately. Very impressive.

Yes, less is more with this product. It takes so much less than you would ever think. Just the slightest wipe of the pad and cloth with a few drops, 3-4, for a 2ft square area. And get it off fast. If you use too much or leave it on too long, you will end up with a haze that is terribly hard to remove and your finish will look like s**t. Hence the need for a practiced pro. But I do think a good DIYer could do it, if you have good experience with finishes. Please make sure to do your homework before starting this process. There are plenty of videos on YouTube. Carp-pro has several. It is completely different than any other type of wax, sealant, etc. But when done right, you will be completely blown away. I had mine done 15 months ago, did a "Recharge" (which refreshes the finish) after a year (they actually say six months) and my car looks fantastic. I could not be happier.

And I am not a shill. Just a very happy customer. Honestly.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I finally got the CQuartz thinking about putting it on this weekend. But then I found out that I forgot to order the CarPro Eraser needed for the prep work :crying:.... Will probably try to do some swirl removal and polishing this weekend and wait until I got the eraser before putting on CQuartz.