Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DiY HomeLink Install using in car Service Mode - No need for Tesla Service or ToolBox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you follow the wiring, there may be some electrical tape or a small black zip tie that is keeping it close to where you currently mounted your homekit module. I would get automotive double sided tape and mount it to the front where the oem homekit bracket would go so it's closer to the front bumper area for better transmitting.
Good idea. I’ll see if my range is good enough where it currently is, and if I need more range I’ll definitely move it.
Fwiw I did try finding information where the OEM mount location is but I couldn’t find anything.

Unfortunately there are no other known HL module to work with late Models S3XY than: 1114984-00-B HomeLink Module V, Option 2.

There was a thread here where they tried to use/mod some HL module from Audi/Volvo but was incompatible.

BTW - there is a 1 year complimentary access to the Service Manual using Tesla account credentials, to see what's current for your Tesla: Tesla Service

Unfortunately there are no other known HL module to work with late Models S3XY than: 1114984-00-B HomeLink Module V, Option 2.

There was a thread here where they tried to use/mod some HL module from Audi/Volvo but was incompatible.

BTW - there is a 1 year complimentary access to the Service Manual using Tesla account credentials, to see what's current for your Tesla: Tesla Service
How to get the 1 year complimentary ? Trued signing up but ask to purchase

How to get the 1 year complimentary ? Trued signing up but ask to purchase
You had to go thru "Purchase" and will see that there is 0 USD charge for the 1 year comp access.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221129_163950.jpg
    Screenshot_20221129_163950.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

HomeLink should be $180 if MyQ can be had for the same (5 year subs).