Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Lug Nut Cover Puller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made it because, like may other features ranging from Frunk Bag Hooks to Dimming Side View Mirrors, Tesla no longer provides it. I used .048” copper-plated steel welding rod and 1/8” ID vinyl tubing. It took about 5 minutes with pliers.
Tesla says to just pull on as many of the arms as you can get fingers on, but they bend a lot and seem close to breaking. This tool quickly pops them off.
20200625_212238.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and f308gt4
I made it because, like may other features ranging from Frunk Bag Hooks to Dimming Side View Mirrors, Tesla no longer provides it. I used .048” copper-plated steel welding rod and 1/8” ID vinyl tubing. It took about 5 minutes with pliers.
Tesla says to just pull on as many of the arms as you can get fingers on, but they bend a lot and seem close to breaking. This tool quickly pops them off.View attachment 556502
Nice, cheap, small and light weight. Similar to the posters that recommend bicycle tire pumps rather than plug in ones.