Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share a video I made of my own DIY installation of a charging station for my new Model 3. It’s good for charging at up to 40 amps if your charger supports it. I took queues from other threads here while making material and installation decisions.

NOTE: Depending on your jurisdiction, you may need to take out a permit for an installation of this type. Also, your installation may differ so please use caution when making material and installation decisions.

Material used: 24’ 6 gauge 3-wire cable with ground, NEMA 14-50 receptical rated for 50 amps, metal wall box and cover, 50 amp two-pole circuit breaker, (2) 3/4” Romex connectors, nail plates, Sheetrock screws, joint compound.

Tools used: Reciprocating power saw, cordless power drill, corded stud and joist drill, 5/8 wood drill bit with extensions, stick ruler, level, flathead and Phillips screw drivers, utility knife, wire strippers, stud finder, pencil.

T. Antony