Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Model S Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be possible to buy just the rear applique delete with the "Tesla" cut out? I did all of my chrome from a roll of vinyl and am getting low. Rather than buy another and have to mess with cutting out the letters myself this would be a nice easy way to finish it. I used Avery gloss black, but any gloss black would be good enough for me.

The upper trim is all one piece, correct :)
I just saw your install video and it is not all one piece. T1 and T4 should all be one piece. I ordered the kit and was expecting it to show up as one long piece. Is there anyway for you to cut mine as one, instead of two? I really do not want a seam there. I know it makes installation easier, but I would prefer no seams on the trim.

I just installed this kit today. Fun project!! Very well thought out. The seam on the top of the rear window trim is not a big issue, I will took some pix at the "worst" angle. I live in Arizona, I am curious to see how it holds up in the sun, but so far i think it looks great!

Attachments

• IMG_9013.jpg
    IMG_9013.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_9015.jpg
    IMG_9015.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_9010.jpg
    IMG_9010.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 330
I just installed this kit today. Fun project!! Very well thought out. The seam on the top of the rear window trim is not a big issue, I will took some pix at the "worst" angle. I live in Arizona, I am curious to see how it holds up in the sun, but so far i think it looks great!
I just recieved my kit today. Any tips for someone with no vinyl experience? How hard would you say the project is and how long did it take.
Thanks

It looks awesome! Can you take some more shots of the whole car from different angles?

It looks awesome! Can you take some more shots of the whole car from different angles?

I also have a red car and want to see more pics, please. Also did you do satin black?

I need a new rear applique wrap as they replaced mine when Tesla gave me a new taillight yesterday (water issues). Do you do these in matte carbon (to match my spoiler and side view mirror covers?)? Want to order today (the chrome is bothering me more than I thought )

BTW: The pics of installs look great!! Especially considering the silly high prices found elsewhere.

Would it be possible to buy just the rear applique delete with the "Tesla" cut out? I did all of my chrome from a roll of vinyl and am getting low. Rather than buy another and have to mess with cutting out the letters myself this would be a nice easy way to finish it. I used Avery gloss black, but any gloss black would be good enough for me.

Right now we don't sell individual sections of our X or S chrome delete due to demand. Once we are able to build up some stock we will begin selling sections. I'd estimate by the beginning of next month.

I just saw your install video and it is not all one piece. T1 and T4 should all be one piece. I ordered the kit and was expecting it to show up as one long piece. Is there anyway for you to cut mine as one, instead of two? I really do not want a seam there. I know it makes installation easier, but I would prefer no seams on the trim.

I apologize for the misunderstanding there! The back corner piece is seperate from the top section, yes. Unfortunately we're a bit time constrained right now so we won't be able to measure and test a custom full piece for awhile. As brandido has shown, the seam is not very noticeable and having the section divided in two pieces makes it much easier to line up.

I need a new rear applique wrap as they replaced mine when Tesla gave me a new taillight yesterday (water issues). Do you do these in matte carbon (to match my spoiler and side view mirror covers?)? Want to order today (the chrome is bothering me more than I thought )

BTW: The pics of installs look great!! Especially considering the silly high prices found elsewhere.

We are working to make the accent pieces in carbon fiber, but I have no ETA as of right now. Working to fill current orders :)

I installed mine this weekend. I have no experience and it took me about 10 hours over 3 evenings. Pretty happy with the results with 1 or two areas I should fix. The kit is amazing. Each piece fit perfectly and the instructions were excellent. It may not look like a professional job but it is 90% as good.

IMG_9023.jpg
Congrats on the install!! I am curious how it will all hold up, etc, but overall a very well thought-out kit with excellent instructions. Some have asked for some more pictures. I wll try and get better images once the weather clears up a bit. Actually rained the last few days here in AZ.

Attachments

• IMG_9025.jpg
    IMG_9025.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_9027.jpg
    IMG_9027.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_9079.jpg
    IMG_9079.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_9080.jpg
    IMG_9080.jpg