Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Model X Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks - I just took delivery of my Red MXP with 22” Black Onyx wheels and I was planning to get the chrome delete done. Looking at this kit, seems pretty straight forward. I have two questions :

1. Satin Black or Matte Black which one looks more elegant ?

2. How complex is the install given its my first time (I was originally planning to get it done from a vinyl wrapping shop) ?

Lastly anyone who has a red MX can you share your experience and photos.

Thanks!!

Folks - I just took delivery of my Red MXP with 22” Black Onyx wheels and I was planning to get the chrome delete done. Looking at this kit, seems pretty straight forward. I have two questions :

1. Satin Black or Matte Black which one looks more elegant ?

2. How complex is the install given its my first time (I was originally planning to get it done from a vinyl wrapping shop) ?

Lastly anyone who has a red MX can you share your experience and photos.

Thanks!!
I don't have a red MX, but a Black one and I went with the Satin Black and it looks great! A buddy of mine told me not to go with matte black because with this color you'll see finger smudges. It took me about 8 hours to install everything and i have no prior wrapping experience. I went back and forth with wrapping and rewatching the install videos. There are some imperfections but it was not worth rewrapping, not noticeable when standing 5 feet away. For only $150 I'd say it was well worth it. What i was bummed about was the following next day, I noticed my right FWD isn't closing properly and it hits the right rear window trim so it teared a piece of the vinyl. Scheduled a service 2 weeks from now and hopefully they can fix the issue. Luckily the kit comes with 2 sets so i can rewrap that trim after the FWD is fixed.

Last edited:
I don't have a red MX, but a Black one and I went with the Satin Black and it looks great! A buddy of mine told me not to go with matte black because with this color you'll see finger smudges. It took me about 8 hours to install everything and i have no prior wrapping experience. I went back and forth with wrapping and rewatching the install videos. There are some imperfections but it was not worth rewrapping, not noticeable when standing 5 feet away. For only $150 I'd say it was well worth it. What i was bummed about was the following next day, I noticed my right FWD isn't closing properly and it hits the right rear window trim so it teared a piece of the vinyl. Scheduled a service 2 weeks from now and hopefully they can fix the issue. Luckily the kit comes with 2 sets so i can rewrap that trim after the FWD is fixed.

That is helpful, I think I will watch the videos to gauge the complexity and take a call. I will absolutely not have 8 hours :(

Super Thanks!!

Got my kit yesterday. Appreciate the fast shipping. I don’t consider myself handy with vinyl stuff but this is not too hard. After a couple of pieces you will get comfortable. Just follow the videos to the T. The package was missing a few pieces but I am able to install everything except the mirrors and NikolaPro did a fantastic job. I am getting ceramic coating done soon and I will post some pics as soon the missing pieces arrive. I highly recommend this product.

i went with Satin black for my blue metallic X and it looks great

Got my kit yesterday. Appreciate the fast shipping. I don’t consider myself handy with vinyl stuff but this is not too hard. After a couple of pieces you will get comfortable. Just follow the videos to the T. The package was missing a few pieces but I am able to install everything except the mirrors and NikolaPro did a fantastic job. I am getting ceramic coating done soon and I will post some pics as soon the missing pieces arrive. I highly recommend this product.

i went with Satin black for my blue metallic X and it looks great

Check the small envelope with the emblem decals. The small mirror pieces should be in there

New Model X chrome delete kit available for sale:

Tesla Model X Chrome Delete | Nikola Pro

Here's some quick details:

• $149 for two full kits
  • Heat gun is included
  • Easier installation due to precut backing paper
  • Made with 3M 2080 film

Pictured below is the satin black variant

model_x_1.jpg

model_x_3.jpg

model_x_5.jpg

model_x_4_2.jpg

Precut paper

We are using an automated technique to cut the paper backing into sections. This means you only have to install portions of each piece at a time, reducing the chance of the vinyl material bunching up and making the overall installation easier.

DSC01505.jpg

Let us know if you have any questions! The installation video will be available by the beginning of next week.

do you have clear? I’m looking to make it brushed aluminum.

Does this also include the chrome on the fog lights or will those remain silver?

Also wondering what users experiences are with vinyl wraps in general as far as car washes go. I have heard some say great others say the vinyl edges come up in one wash.

Does this also include the chrome on the fog lights or will those remain silver?

Also wondering what users experiences are with vinyl wraps in general as far as car washes go. I have heard some say great others say the vinyl edges come up in one wash.

Fog lights are not wrapped in this kit since the chrome extends through the fog light.

Haven't had anyone with problems going through the car wash :)