Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Model X Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a really great guy I met on this forum do my Midnight Silver and it subtly transforms the car. Not sure if he had a kit.
After seeing theses pics I think it improves every color.
I chose to do all the Chrome, and really like it. But have seen cars with some pieces left silver or done in red and that looks good too.

Can you share some pics? I just purchased a used X that is midnight silver metallic and debating if i should chrome delete and black out my 20" rims. For some reason, i kinda like the chrome and the stock silver rims thats came with my car, but part of me feels like adding these customizations would make the car more appealing.

Hi.

I’m Ben.

I received my order today.

It came well packaged and very fast.

At this point I recommend the vendor!!

Going to attempt install next few days. If I have issues will be speaking with Nikola Pro before raging out here or whatever.

I’m looking forward to trying the install.

Purchased X full package with heat gun.

This is my first try at this and I anticipate a challenge.

Before and after pictures will be provided.

I’m an engineer and my wife works with vinyl (not cars), so we’re fairly confident the 2x piece shipment will eventually result in 1 sexy car.

Attachments

• 0E3A708E-A098-4AA3-8006-6002949406DD.jpeg
    0E3A708E-A098-4AA3-8006-6002949406DD.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
Hi.

I’m Ben.

I received my order today.

It came well packaged and very fast.

At this point I recommend the vendor!!

Going to attempt install next few days. If I have issues will be speaking with Nikola Pro before raging out here or whatever.

I’m looking forward to trying the install.

Purchased X full package with heat gun.

This is my first try at this and I anticipate a challenge.

Before and after pictures will be provided.

I’m an engineer and my wife works with vinyl (not cars), so we’re fairly confident the 2x piece shipment will eventually result in 1 sexy car.

Can you provide an update on your experience with the install and pics?

Can you provide an update on your experience with the install and pics?

Hi!

Due to a personal medical issue, the coronavirus, and a string of rainy days, we’ve had the kiddos home full time and haven’t had the time to begin!

Cannot wait though - hopefully during this quarantine we can sneak in the install, but it’s difficult to get the hours to do so with an 8 and 4 year old losing their minds lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Vaillant
Spent a few hours washing and an hour on the install last night!

Finish tomorrow.

Thoughts:

After cleaning full car exterior I used a tiny dab of denatured alcohol to give the chrome one last cleaning. I could be wrong about using denatured alcohol, so research that at your own risk. That being said I see no ill effects.

This is super easy. The vendor has a product designed to be easy and the X makes the install easy. If you watch the videos from the vendor and take your time the results are amazing.

The trunk wrap covering the embossed Tesla letters is the hardest piece to install (IMO) and I needed the backup piece due to jacking up the first one. I’d recommend doing it last if this is your first time doing this.

Lastly, got really good results from chemical guy’s jet seal. I use their soap because it smells good, so figured I’d try this. X is super shiny now.

The only imperfection I see in the product after sizing up every piece is that the “T” pieces are a tiny bit short to not cover the raised emboss section of the logo. But the face of the logo is fully covered and this isn’t a deal breaker by any means, a tiny imperfection.

10/10 would recommend.

One other tip: if you just washed your car and some ninja water is trapped in a crevice where you’re applying a wrap, it will ruin your good time. Gotta get rid of that water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: