Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Model X Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never done this before and brought the car into a shop for PFF and Ceramic coating and even the installers were commenting on how good of a job it was.. honestly it could of been better once you get the hang of it.. anyone looking for a kit needs to order from Nikola. Not only is it extremely well cut but customer service is top notch! Thank you sir!

Attachments

• F8759963-8150-494B-8BB8-C61D468E8596.jpeg
    F8759963-8150-494B-8BB8-C61D468E8596.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: SUP THO
Just finished installing a set of Satin chrome deletes on my X. They complement the 22” rims and black trim so well. I bought a set of paint matched door handles but ultimately preferred the look of the blacks instead.

BFDFB916-CA63-4719-9C60-C0CB1DFFF7DC.jpeg

Quality and fitment were perfect. Great customer service and prompt communication. Highly recommended.

Anyone with average skills should be able to get this done with some patience. I also have 18% tints on the front to try and match the rears as best as I could.

I went with satin for my red 2019 MX LR. Very happy with the kit and the finished result. Trickiest areas I found were definitely mirrors, getting it to look good around the Tesla lettering on the trunk, and getting a nice clean join at the front beneath the Tesla symbol. It is great to get two of all pieces in the kit as I'll redo a couple of the areas when I get some time, but you have to specifically look to spot the imperfections.

Now on to the wheels. Was initially thinking of using the vinyl inserts so they were less silver, but now thinking of having a stab at painting myself to a dark gray. Ideas welcome!

Thought the kit was great and highly recommend!

Attachments

• tesla_chrome_delete_1 (2) - Copy.jpg
    tesla_chrome_delete_1 (2) - Copy.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 141
  • tesla_chrom_delete_2 (2) - Copy.jpg
    tesla_chrom_delete_2 (2) - Copy.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Jetwash08
I went with satin for my red 2019 MX LR. Very happy with the kit and the finished result. Trickiest areas I found were definitely mirrors, getting it to look good around the Tesla lettering on the trunk, and getting a nice clean join at the front beneath the Tesla symbol. It is great to get two of all pieces in the kit as I'll redo a couple of the areas when I get some time, but you have to specifically look to spot the imperfections.

Now on to the wheels. Was initially thinking of using the vinyl inserts so they were less silver, but now thinking of having a stab at painting myself to a dark gray. Ideas welcome!

Thought the kit was great and highly recommend!

Power coat rims satin black.

06ACE38F-3503-43B6-8BA0-D2F14682E54D.jpeg

I bought a satin black kit for my Model X from Nikola Pro back in April (after a few cocktails), and I have never gotten around to working on my car. In fact, I have never even opened the box. I just recently ended up getting it wrapped and had the place I took it to do the chrome delete instead (which is probably better for my sanity anyway). I'm well beyond the 30 day return period at this point, so Stephen from Nikola Pro suggested I try to sell it here. If anyone is interested in buying the kit from me, DM me.

I bought a satin black kit for my Model X from Nikola Pro back in April (after a few cocktails), and I have never gotten around to working on my car. In fact, I have never even opened the box. I just recently ended up getting it wrapped and had the place I took it to do the chrome delete instead (which is probably better for my sanity anyway). I'm well beyond the 30 day return period at this point, so Stephen from Nikola Pro suggested I try to sell it here. If anyone is interested in buying the kit from me, DM me.
Still for sale?