Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Model X Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back at it.

Half done less mirrors.

Will make one more post highlighting my F-ups so others can avoid them.

And of course it rained the day after I waxed. Whatever.

Attachments

• DFFBB375-E874-430D-957A-F4AA68F75B95.jpeg
    DFFBB375-E874-430D-957A-F4AA68F75B95.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 271
Package came from Nokola Pro!!! So excited! I wiped chrome down with alcohol and proceeded to get the job done. Laid out all pieces. Boy was I lucky there were 2 of each because my husband decided to start it without me. HA! He failed on every part he tried. (He rushed a little). However when I took a crack at it, while it is not the easiest job it was very doable with a little patience.
I love the way the gloss looks with my white pearl paint!! I now have to find a set of black rims. I am also toying with redoing the door handles in white pearl if I can buy those pieces seperately?
The only negative remark that I have is that only the face of theT emblems are covered. So the chrome shows on those and it is noticeable. I have been asked a couple of times why I did not the entire emblem. Other than that I am VERY happy with the look and quality. I can now spot my MX from any I have seen thus far... AWESOME!

Finished most of the delete, got the back and front left to finish. I would say overall it View attachment 529896 View attachment 529896 View attachment 529898 View attachment 529899 View attachment 529898 is Intermediate level DIY. I would rate my finish 90% flawless. But overall , very happy with the finish. I definitely want to thank the Nikola team for their support during my install.

Hi,

I have the same color. Just curious is that a satin color for the chrome delete? Also what color did you get for the door handles and cameras? For the rims, did you power coat it glossy or satin black? Car looks awesome!

Reactions: Jetwash08