Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY: Model Y Painted Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very, very nice! That touch of red looks so good. Thanks for posting.

A couple people have DM'd me asked what specific decals I got: 9 White TESLA Brake Caliper Vinyl Decals Stickers Heat Resistant FREE SHIPPING! | eBay

Got a few requests for zoomed out shots as well.

3QeiywO.jpg

SFWnDsH.jpg

I was looking to do blue calipers. There’s a place in So Cal called Aerowerkz that quoted me $850 for painting the calipers. These pics are from Tsprtline
View attachment 574070View attachment 574071

The shop I’m using for tint/ceramic/wheels/brake caliper painting quoted $600 for all four calipers. That price was with all the other work, so there may be a discount in there.

That price includes removing the calipers so they can be cleaned, bead blasted, two-stage painted, then remount and bleeding.

That also includes the decals. They make them in-house and will do any design and color you want.

Some samples:

A169ED43-FDA8-4D27-B2DA-3D36E8ED1A84.jpeg
039B4B33-DFA9-402B-A894-D0934DCABED2.jpeg
8175F6F7-FB21-49D0-8D3F-D0BC647708DE.jpeg

Corsa Motorsport – One stop shop for all your vehicle customization needs. – Certified 3M & Avery Graphic Installers

Reactions: Kelr316
How easy were these to apply?

The decals? Pretty straightforward. Just make sure the base coat of paint is dry before applying them.

The shop I’m using for tint/ceramic/wheels/brake caliper painting quoted $600 for all four calipers. That price was with all the other work, so there may be a discount in there.

That price includes removing the calipers so they can be cleaned, bead blasted, two-stage painted, then remount and bleeding.

That also includes the decals. They make them in-house and will do any design and color you want.

Some samples:

View attachment 574323 View attachment 574324 View attachment 574325

Corsa Motorsport – One stop shop for all your vehicle customization needs. – Certified 3M & Avery Graphic Installers

I've been told that removing the calipers requires a visit to the service center for special tools. Not sure if that's true or not.

I've been told that removing the calipers requires a visit to the service center for special tools. Not sure if that's true or not.

If that is true, Corsa will have the tool. My adviser was joking that they were becoming a Tesla shop, haha!! I saw lots of brand new MX's getting work done while I was there.

Again, these guys can do just about anything to a car...they had a Lamborghini Urus up on the rack, with its doors and most body panels off. It was getting wrapped in a different color, and the owner didn't want any of the original color to show when they opened the doors, haha!! That's the same one that had the calipers painted purple.

Point is, my MY brake calipers will be child's play for them. :D