Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Paint protection film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recommend doing it inside a closed area and having make sure your car is to your liking such as paint swirls and polished once that PPF is on anything under will remain such as scratches swirls etc. having someone help you place it down on the front and bumper will make this work so much better. if your willing to take the time out of your day and do this then 100% support doing DIY

Best videos on diy ppf install on a y/3. I ordered my kit from north tints, because you can pick from different brands, edge wrapping, plus custom things (I chose no front emblem). Plus I didnt find these videos until after I ordered the film (drive protected made the videos).

This will be my third time doing it. Its not hard, just takes time. I would NOT pay a professional thousands of dollars for this.

Full front ppf, full lower rockers, and diy ceramic is all under $800. Pro would be at least $3k-$5k.

Laying PPF is not hard at all. Getting it perfect takes practice, but getting is to 98-99% is not hard at all.