TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

DIY Painting Brake Calipers Red

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Indy3, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Indy3

Indy3 Member

Has anyone done a DIY project and painted their Model 3 brake calipers red (or any other color)? Having them professionally powder coated obviously seems like the best, but most expensive option. Having looked at a lot of info/videos online though, the painting route seems to be an inexpensive DIY option (and likely good enough for something that is hidden behind the wheel rims anyhow).

I already have a list of work to have done as soon as I take delivery (PPF on front, CeramiPro coating, black out trim satin black, powder coat rims satin black), so I am trying to figure out a healthy balance of what maybe I can do vs leaving to the professionals.

Has anyone painted the calipers themselves? If so, what did you use? And any suggestions, guidance, etc.

2. MarkDFW

MarkDFW Member