Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Power Lift gate for Tesla Model S Walkthrough Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email from Autoease..the original manufacturer...they confirm COZERO is just a REBRAND of Autoease product.

I think COZERO is pretty shading trying to hide this fact...I emailed them several time and they ignored the questions

I think that's risky. If cozero designed/provided their system to use both, you put the installed side at risk of overworking and burning out. For the cost of an extra hour or so of time, I would not take that chance of risking my system. The effort of working a needed replacement part warranty, then return (who pays that cost) and getting the new part, installing it, will be more time consuming that just installing the other strut. In my opinion, since you asked.

And this assumes that cozero doesn't read the TMC forum looking to help and spot your question of considering not installing the system per their guidance. Could they void your warranty for failing to install per their procedures? Your call of course, but you did ask.