Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Power Lift gate for Tesla Model S Walkthrough Video

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
He might hath not, as thou hath butchered his'n name by adding one "n". The extra "n" hath made him too much with the blood of the vine.

Hotrodder

Mar 31, 2019
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl
Has anybody developed a lift, motorized or not, and lower/lock for the FRUNK? I have only used it twice in 1 1/2 yrs due to inconvenience of loading or unloading. Any DIY engineers willing to tackle this problem?

Wratran

Feb 17, 2019
Dallas
I email cozero regarding their kit...asking the question regarding the difference between theirs and Autoease...NO REPLY.
So ..it's probably the same unit

Wratran

Feb 17, 2019
Dallas
I got an email from Autoease..the original manufacturer...they confirm COZERO is just a REBRAND of Autoease product.

I think COZERO is pretty shading trying to hide this fact...I emailed them several time and they ignored the questions

dragonvn

May 19, 2019
Westminster, CA
I bought the cozero kit. I am about to do it. My question is the original Tesla only has 1 powered strut and the cozero one has both. What if I don't want to run wire to the other side and just leave it unpowered, would that work?

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
I think that's risky. If cozero designed/provided their system to use both, you put the installed side at risk of overworking and burning out. For the cost of an extra hour or so of time, I would not take that chance of risking my system. The effort of working a needed replacement part warranty, then return (who pays that cost) and getting the new part, installing it, will be more time consuming that just installing the other strut. In my opinion, since you asked.

And this assumes that cozero doesn't read the TMC forum looking to help and spot your question of considering not installing the system per their guidance. Could they void your warranty for failing to install per their procedures? Your call of course, but you did ask.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC