Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Power Lift gate for Tesla Model S Walkthrough Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I checked out the supplier site: Power operated tailgate lift assisting system TL105 – Autoease

The drop down list of cars doesn't list Tesla at all. Am I missing something here ? Further down below, I see Tony's testimonial, where the model part TL105-3085 is listed, but the drop-down menu doesn't have that number.

I am one of the reseller. Shipped from Hong Kong. My site is not up yet, but you can pm me to place order. Price is $399, and shipping is $60 for 5-6 days shipping.

I also ordered mine from COZero. Very happy with my purchase. I wanted to wait for them to have the English instructions and I'm glad I waited. It was nicely packaged and everything came as described. Shipping was surprisingly very fast. I received the item (after shipping) in 2 days from Sweden to CA, US.

Instructions were easy to follow overall. I did still search for youtube videos to assist me in removing the panels before actually doing it. By reading the instructions, it looks like they went through it themselves step by step to make sure they were easy to understand. It included pictures/sketches to make it easy to see where to wire, what panels to remove, etc... The slight increase in cost compared to those shipped from China is well worth it for just the instructions.

I did have a small issue after installation when the trunk wouldn't close all the way. After contacting the seller and posting on here, both recommended I adjust something on the trunk and it fixed the issue. For about $500, it is well worth the cost to add a power lift gate to your Tesla. Like others have mentioned, it works from the touchscreen, the remote, and the installed button on the trunk handle. I'm happy but my wife is happier since her car has power lift gate and she was disappointed my Tesla didn't have one.

On a side note, communication with COZero was very easy and they responded quickly to my questions.

File_001.jpeg File_000.jpeg

I also ordered mine from COZero. Very happy with my purchase. I wanted to wait for them to have the English instructions and I'm glad I waited. It was nicely packaged and everything came as described. Shipping was surprisingly very fast. I received the item (after shipping) in 2 days from Sweden to CA, US.

Instructions were easy to follow overall. I did still search for youtube videos to assist me in removing the panels before actually doing it. By reading the instructions, it looks like they went through it themselves step by step to make sure they were easy to understand. It included pictures/sketches to make it easy to see where to wire, what panels to remove, etc... The slight increase in cost compared to those shipped from China is well worth it for just the instructions.

I did have a small issue after installation when the trunk wouldn't close all the way. After contacting the seller and posting on here, both recommended I adjust something on the trunk and it fixed the issue. For about $500, it is well worth the cost to add a power lift gate to your Tesla. Like others have mentioned, it works from the touchscreen, the remote, and the installed button on the trunk handle. I'm happy but my wife is happier since her car has power lift gate and she was disappointed my Tesla didn't have one.

On a side note, communication with COZero was very easy and they responded quickly to my questions.

View attachment 227198 View attachment 227201

Thank you for the information. The price is reasonable for such a handy product. I hope that the install goes smoothly for me. I'm also planning to use the OEM trunk handle and button.
So if I run into the issue with the trunk not closing all the way, how can that be resolved? Also, I heard that the trunk won't open if you add a spoiler. Is that true?

Thank you for the information. The price is reasonable for such a handy product. I hope that the install goes smoothly for me. I'm also planning to use the OEM trunk handle and button.
So if I run into the issue with the trunk not closing all the way, how can that be resolved? Also, I heard that the trunk won't open if you add a spoiler. Is that true?

The manual actually has the information on adjusting knobs on the trunk to help with it closing. I did do it prior to contacting them and here but I guess I didn't adjust enough to make a difference. Once I adjusted more, it fixed the problem. As far as the spoiler goes, I'm not too sure since I don't have one installed yet, it's sitting in my garage though ready for install.

Reactions: johnzhang22
The touch screen and keyfob both send signal to the lift gate latch to unlock it.The power liftgate controller has a cable that connects to the latch to intercept this signal and activates the power structs. Works for both opening and closing.

You can get the oem pull cup and button instead of using the one from the kit. Operation wise everything is the same as oem except this one slams the trunk to close. Oem is more gracious because it uses a different locking mechanism.

You can get the oem pull cup and button instead of using the one from the kit. Operation wise everything is the same as oem except this one slams the trunk to close. Oem is more gracious because it uses a different locking mechanism.

That's what I'm planning to do, buy the OEM pull cup and button so it look stock. I hate how hard you have to slam the trunk shut in order to close it, bad design IMO.

Does anyone have tips on how to put back the large plastic rear panel back in the trunk? I've been trying for two days. There must be some sort of magic involved.

I remove the rear liftgate speaker cover from the panel. Then plug in the light harness, then make sure all the panel clips are in place and start from the rear and push up and towards the front of the car (This will ensure that the two plastic guides on each side go into the slots, then push the panel clips in. With the speaker grill removed you can use you fingers to ensure panel clips on the inside (near the speaker grills) are nice and tight. Then screw in the screws on the panel ends and you should be good to reattach the liftgate smaller panels around it. Make sense? maybe not ,but when you have done it like 20 times there is a right way and a wrong way to get everything in place.

Reactions: Akikiki