Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Power Lift gate for Tesla Model S Walkthrough Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used a 2.54mm pitch 3 pin connector from amazon and it worked fine. Just wrapped in electrical tape to secure since it doesn't click in.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TB8QXMC/
thx
Kevin

Swapped out the 3 pin connector for the actual AMP connector you can buy here for $5. worth it so you never have to worry again about it getting loose. Power Liftgate is best upgrade by far...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FRBZP48/
"TE Connectivity/AMP Brand 1-1718346-1 Connector Discrete Wire Housing"

Finally decided to do this upgrade to my 2016 Tesla Model S pre-refresh. Any advise is greatly appreciated, like which kit to get (OP kit is now $599, ridiculously high) and I see some are sold with a foot sensor? Maybe if someone could post a list with prices, features and links and possibly make it a voting poll to see which is the most desired kit would be a great thing for this thread...

Thanks!

I've installed a couple of these kits from Teslaoffer.
Kit is good, install is easy.
And now I was succesfull in getting touch screen close to work as well.
So aftermarket kit works exactly like OEM soft close trunk.

If you want to be able to close from touch screen, pm me.

Hi, I also have the EVOffer (TeslaOffer) kit however I am having troubles getting it connected to the power source as the only two cables I have are the attached and don't have a posi tap?

C56CFE06-6C73-4CA9-90CE-96979BD9E3A3_1_105_c.jpeg

Any ideas on how to connect it?

Swapped out the 3 pin connector for the actual AMP connector you can buy here for $5. worth it so you never have to worry again about it getting loose. Power Liftgate is best upgrade by far...
Amazon.com
"TE Connectivity/AMP Brand 1-1718346-1 Connector Discrete Wire Housing"

How do you get the cables connected into the connector?

Thanks!

Hi all!
Anyone who has ordered from us and would prefer to get the Asian version immediately to waiting for the English version should contact us through the local website they ordered from and we will make all arrangements.

English version is in it's final stages - it will include professionally illustrated and simplified installation instructions, including some additional accessories to enable this.

All the best!
/COzero Team

Does anybody know how to switch off the beeping sound? It seems it comes from the module box