Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY PPF for Model 3/Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished DIY PPF for my M3, full hood, fenders, headlights, mirrors, rockers. Settled on Suntek Ultra and got mine through ServoPPF with a 10yr warranty. Used Xpel gel and dishsoap water together. Really happy with the results, sure it's not perfect but turned out way better than I expected, no real major disasters although came close a couple times (like dropping a rocker piece on the garage floor adhesive side down!). I would say bottom of the rockers, the under wrap of the front part of the hood, headlights, and mirrors were the toughest....surprisingly. If you're very handy, ultra patient and detail oriented, you can save a ton of money and be happy with the results.

Due to an ordering snafu on my part, I have some extra pieces for a 3 (1 partial hood, 1 pair partial fenders, 2 pairs of mirrors, 1 pair headlights) not sure what parts will work on the Y but maybe most of those. It would go for at least $210 but PM if you're interested and make an offer!

Quick vid of a small install piece. https://photos.app.goo.gl/pVCfodcVfa3d3Z8P8

Attachments

• 18-Tesla-Model-3-Hood-77.jpg
    18-Tesla-Model-3-Hood-77.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: KenC