Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY PPF installs

Fusion

Apr 13, 2016
San Francisco
Where did you guys buy the film? I was gonna get some from windowfilmsupplies but they raised the prices for Xpel. I'm gonna try it myself. Anyone else DIY here?

SouthBayGuy

Apr 22, 2018
California
I remember seeing Suntek kits for the Model 3 on Ebay. They offer both partial and full hood. I think the full hood and full doors cost about $400 more than the partial kit.

• Informative
Reactions: Fusion

SouthBayGuy

Apr 22, 2018
California
I'm gonna get a roll and give it a go. I don't think the front hood will be a problem at all. It's gonna be the front bumper.

I have done a few different cars myself over the years. But I totally screwed up on the front bumper for a Scion FR-S I once worked on. I wound up buying another piece of PPF just for the bumper and paying a shop to install just the bumper. The TM3 kinda looks doable though.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC