Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Removing and Replacing Interior Trim Dashboard and Center Cup Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just procured a Carbon Fiber set of dashboard trim to replace my Figured Ash trim for my 2019 SR.

I tried to find step by step instructions or videos on YouTube, but didn't find a clear video showing step by step.

Anyone know of a service manual or video/pics I missed?

Alternatively, if someone in the NY/Long Island area wants to do this for me, I'd either pay them or they can potentially have my Figured Ash Trim. I am somewhat handy, but am a little nervous to do this myself.

s-l1600.jpg

I just procured a Carbon Fiber set of dashboard trim to replace my Figured Ash trim for my 2019 SR.

I tried to find step by step instructions or videos on YouTube, but didn't find a clear video showing step by step.

Anyone know of a service manual or video/pics I missed?

Alternatively, if someone in the NY/Long Island area wants to do this for me, I'd either pay them or they can potentially have my Figured Ash Trim. I am somewhat handy, but am a little nervous to do this myself.
There is a video in the consolidated emmc sticky in the Model S wiki/sticky section.

Not too bad to do honestly, just put mine back together after the emmc failed on my dec 15 S. Should take less than 2 hours if you take your time.

Just lift up on the arm rests. Might take a little force. They pop right out. The trim comes off just as easy in one piece

Thanks. I got it off easily. One thing I noticed was, there is one missing metal clip fastener (closest to back seats). I wonder if that is just poor quality control by Tesla or by design? I also realized I bought the Carbon Fiber with Chrome Trim and not the one with Graphite to match the rest of my interior. UGH! My OCD will now torture me.

Reactions: Trebek1762
I did this myself over the weekend and last night. Overall, it took me a good 2.5-3 hours, but I got stumped on removing the dashboard trim about the instrument panel. I can see someone more experienced doing it in 1.5 hours.

I also ended up damaging the trim to the left of the MCU by pulling too hard from one angle and cracking it. Rookie mistake. I also chipped a piece of my new Carbon Fiber trim, but it's barely noticeable.

BTW, Tesla Mobile quoted me $350 to do the install, which actually isn't terrible, but I wanted to save myself the money.

I used the following videos to help guide me:

(17 and 21 minute marks)

Below are some pics. Unfortunately, there was some scratches on the clear coat from the Ebay auction I won but only visible at certain lights and angles. Seller offered to take it back and re-do it, but I am not in the mood to take my dashboard apart again. Only thing I didn't do yet was the Sliding Center Console Door, which I ordered OEM on eBay. Overall, very pleased with results and like it much better than the Figured Ash (which btw I am selling in the For Sale section).

SteeringWheel.jpg MCU.jpg CupHolder.jpg

Last edited: