TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DIY sunshade for Pano roofs...

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by gdh66, Jul 28, 2013.

1. gdh66

gdh66 Member

I just discovered a handy and inexpensive sunshade for the MS pano roof. It's $9.95 at Target, and is the "Platinum auto-shade magic shade". I think it's the large size. I thought I would have to cut it in half to make two pieces, but it actually in two pieces already, and fits perfectly in the two glass sections of the pano roof. It folds into one small circle and can fit under the passenger seat. To install them, just wedge them into the openings between the front and rear of each glass part of the pano. On the one that has the elastic storage strap, just put the strap into the space above the headliner when deployed. When deployed, it shows about two inches of pano on each side, but I think it's just about perfect and really cuts down and filters the sun on these hot summer days.

2. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member