Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY UV Treatment for Yellowed MCU Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always had the door shut and had to be inside the car when powered off. As soon as I open the door to leave, the car screens turn back on. Maybe it is because I had a MCU1 to MCU2 conversion? Or are you saying to leave the driver's door open, then sit down so you can power off, and get out and shut the door. It seems like I've tried that, but once your butt leaves the seat, the screens come back on, or once you close the door. Or are you guys doing the UV fix with the door left open?

I've always had the door shut and had to be inside the car when powered off. As soon as I open the door to leave, the car screens turn back on. Maybe it is because I had a MCU1 to MCU2 conversion? Or are you saying to leave the driver's door open, then sit down so you can power off, and get out and shut the door. It seems like I've tried that, but once your butt leaves the seat, the screens come back on, or once you close the door. Or are you guys doing the UV fix with the door left open?
Yes, leave the door open when shutting off. The action of opening the door is what wakes the car up. I don't ever recall the car waking up when I get in/out of seats, but if for some reason it happens to you, try from driver and then passenger side.

This thread has been very informative and lead me to my own solution for $14.99.

I found this device that has 4 UV bulbs at 365nm:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X8ZVJSS

My car is a 2018 X100, manufactured 10/18. Yellow border appeared 7/19.

I don't know if this will work for anyone else and if you try this method, you do so at your own risk.
FWIW, I bought and attempted this exact same setup and it had no effect.