Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY wireless charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bumping this thread because this worked great, and is a dirt cheap solution for wireless charging.

I happened to have an older model Samsung wireless pad collecting dust. Followed the video but deviated a bit by placing the pad above the OEM rubber insert because it wasn't charging with the coil behind it.

I plasti dipped the coil black to blend with the OEM insert which also adds more grip so the phone stays put. Mounted the PCB on the back of the cradle with 3m mounting tape and used a short 90 degree micro-usb cable to reduce wire clutter.

I also mounted the cheap 4 port hub in the same area, which is running a 32gb dashcam drive and a 128gb music drive. The pad has to be plugged directly into the cars USB port since the hub port voltage is too low for the pad, but it all worked out.

Had everything I needed in my garage so total cost was $0 and it works like a charm.

20181229_164132.jpg 20181229_164208.jpg 20181229_164219.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping this thread because this worked great, and is a dirt cheap solution for wireless charging.

I happened to have an older model Samsung wireless pad collecting dust. Followed the video but deviated a bit by placing the pad above the OEM rubber insert because it wasn't charging with the coil behind it.

I plasti dipped the coil black to blend with the OEM insert which also adds more grip so the phone stays put. Mounted the PCB on the back of the cradle with 3m mounting tape and used a short 90 degree micro-usb cable to reduce wire clutter.

I also mounted the cheap 4 port hub in the same area, which is running a 32gb dashcam drive and a 128gb music drive. The pad has to be plugged directly into the cars USB port since the hub port voltage is too low for the pad, but it all worked out.

Had everything I needed in my garage so total cost was $0 and it works like a charm.

View attachment 364714 View attachment 364715 View attachment 364716
Looks great. . Where did you get the wire to solder the coil to the circuit board?