TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

DIY Wood Delete & Console Wrap

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Rosalind, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Rosalind

Rosalind Member

DIY wood delete and center console on Model 3. My first time doing it. I bought it on a roll, instead of the precut templates because I couldn't find black ash look in a precut. It's not perfect but definitely happy with my first try! (And I have plenty of material left to re-do it when I feel like it.)

IMG_4532.jpg IMG_4533.jpg IMG_4534.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Love x 3
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

:) Nice job !

• Informative x 1
  3. pkodali

pkodali Member

Almost looks like real wood int he pictures

4. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Not bad at all!

5. pdxrunr

pdxrunr Member

Can you share the film info please?

6. Rosalind

Rosalind Member

I used Vvivid, instead of 3m 1080, because it is much more cost effective. It was my first time, so I figured that I was better to experiment with the cheaper stuff. Here is the link to all of the Vvivid wood grains:

Wood Grain

The thing you need to know is that the grain is long-ways on the wrap. The roll is 48" wide. So if you ordered 1' x 48", you would have to wrap the dash with the grain vertically and that wouldn't look right. So I bought 6' x 48". I got it off Amazon, but you can buy it wherever you like. I also got knifeless tape, which I haven't used yet, but I'm thinking I might try to DIY the full chrome delete.

7. Fusion

Fusion Member

Looks nice! Great job!

8. pdxrunr

pdxrunr Member

Excellent, thanks for the info!