Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Xpel ultimate plus or stealth precut kits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just mainly been selling it but I did do my full hood and rear bumper on my MX over the weekend. Honestly without having any experience I didn't find it to be too difficult. I did use the xpel gel which I think probably helped a lot. I took 1 hour for the rear bumper and 1 1/2 hours for the hood. After a day of curing my install looks professional with zero flaws. I think the important thing to remember is that you will always get a few water bubble left over but don't bother messing with them. All my bubble were the size of a nickel or less and they completely dissipated on their own within about 24 hours in 90 degrees. I used a syringe for a couple and scratched the paint just a tiny bit. I think if I wouldn't have been OCD they would have gone away like the rest of them. I could post pictures but the film is pretty much invisible.

Buy it in the Bay Area then.

I did and your prices are beyond reasonable. Check eBay for full kits at less than half the price... $250 No affiliation :cool:

Tesla Model S 2017-2018 PreCut 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Clear Bra Kit | eBay

Tesla Model X 2016-2018 PreCut 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Clear Bra Kit | eBay

Tesla Model S 2012-2016 PreCut 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Clear Bra Kit | eBay

upload_2018-9-7_19-21-2.png

You’re comparing 3M to Xpel. There is a difference in price. I also told everyone pricing was negotiable if you’re buying more than just one piece.

Reactions: krmn
I’ve discounted or given free items with almost every order so far. If you aren’t interested in any PPF there really isn’t any reason to comment on it. I’m a Tesla owner just looking to help other owners. I’m making a very minimal amount selling it basically just to compensate for my time and not to get rich. All of my prices include credit card fees, shipping and taxes.

Definitely interested in getting model S refresh door kit. Will be in touch by end of month. Need more information on installation to be sure this is something I can do in a weekend. Already have ultimate on full front.
I've installed some on my car already and could give you some pointers. It went surprising well for having zero experience installing any type of film. Not saying it is simple to install but if you take your time and the proper steps it's not impossible. Took me about an hour per panel.

• Informative
Reactions: croman