Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Xpel ultimate plus or stealth precut kits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give some feedback for Pentium2004 and the product. He shipped the film very quickly and was helpful by providing links to videos etc and open to questions.
I did my front bumper for my P3D. First time I have done this and it was hard, I am guessing front bumper is one of the harder parts too. Probably, not getting any help was a bad idea and part of my problem. I messed up couple of times I thought the film was done with, but the film is pretty forgiving so I was able to save it. Watch the videos that he sends you and go to youtube and do your research. Get the right supplies, keep everything very clean ( clean even your garage floor where you will do the install, trust me) , get nice professional spray bottles, the right solutions ( gel, alcohol mix, slip solution), clean microfiber cloths etc.. Preparation is very important ( I found out the hard way)
Have your favorite alcoholic beverage readily available (I haven't listened to his advice on this, I should have) and don't give up. it will turn out good. I am very happy that I was able to protect the front bumper just by spending 200+ something dollars and now I feel much more confident about the process. So I might tackle some more panels.

Just wanted to give some feedback for Pentium2004 and the product. He shipped the film very quickly and was helpful by providing links to videos etc and open to questions.
I did my front bumper for my P3D. First time I have done this and it was hard, I am guessing front bumper is one of the harder parts too. Probably, not getting any help was a bad idea and part of my problem. I messed up couple of times I thought the film was done with, but the film is pretty forgiving so I was able to save it. Watch the videos that he sends you and go to youtube and do your research. Get the right supplies, keep everything very clean ( clean even your garage floor where you will do the install, trust me) , get nice professional spray bottles, the right solutions ( gel, alcohol mix, slip solution), clean microfiber cloths etc.. Preparation is very important ( I found out the hard way)
Have your favorite alcoholic beverage readily available (I haven't listened to his advice on this, I should have) and don't give up. it will turn out good. I am very happy that I was able to protect the front bumper just by spending 200+ something dollars and now I feel much more confident about the process. So I might tackle some more panels.
Srkerd when you get a moment post some pics. I'd like to see how it came out.

Reactions: Tesseract
I've heard from some others with Xpel experience that it's important for the film to wrap around the corners and edges. This prevents waxes and soaps from collecting in a linear fashion along the edges. Does anyone know if this is the case with he pre-cut kits?

I can provide the precut kits either cut exact or with extra added for wrapping the edges. It's really a preference of what you are looking for. The Xpel film has edge seal properties which are supposed to prevent anything from wanting to stick to the edges. I personally didn't wrap the edges on my car and everything is fine. The only places i see dirt wanting to attract is a couple small areas where the film was just long enough to start to roll over the edge. This was due to me over stretching it in a couple spots. The only reason it's collecting there is because it came up a little bit and dirt immediately stuck to the adhesive.