Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dizziness or nausea from driving Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes me sick and kills my back. sorry I bought. gave to husband.

Which seats did you get? Both my SO and I had back and neck problems with the original frame seats. We both find the next gen seats far better. I got a little queasy when I first got the car but it was from the stuff in the car out gassing. We dealt with that with an ozonator and leaving the windows open when in the garage for a while.

For people who experience nausea in a Model S: Do you experience nausea when riding Roller Coasters?

Lucky me, I only experience exhilaration in both.
(Lucky as in Genetic Lottery)

I have a seriously messed up inner ear. I get motion sick easily. Launching in my 90D makes me queasy. A P100DL would probably make me hurl.

Thought I would update everyone. Wife is starting to love the car now especially because it's saving her from wasting gas on her Infiniti QX60. She still feels a little queasy after it, but I think it's a lot better than before and she's getting used to it. The first time she was a rear passenger and I was flooring it.

If it because of acceleration, the effects of 1.1G (launch) you are experiencing the normal results. After our initial test drive (a few launches) I was feeling sick. I commented to one of the twenty-somethings back at the showroom about the motion sickness and probably my age. He smiled and said that everyone gets sick it just depends on the number and frequency of launches. Google the effects of 1+ G on a human. After a few times of launching our P90DL I would rather have a few more miles of range vs the 2.8 sec launch. 3.1 is plenty fast.
Turning on the rearview camera while going forward is not fun either.
Update:
Have not turned on Ludicrous in 6 months.

I've had a P90D for 5 months. Floored it in Insane Mode on day-one. Took a week to get over the vertigo. Never again.
I just sold a similar car with Ludacrous+. I drove it like I stole it many times with no ill effects. I test drove a plaid, and after two acceleration bursts I felt tired and not myself. Bad in my performance model S, no issues. The bad news persists, and was thinking of starting a thread on on this.