TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dmc fw line overcurrent peak fault

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by epares, Jul 15, 2020.

1. epares

epares Member

Anyone know what would cause this? I plugged my can into my Tesla charger at 40 amps. It stopped charging after 20 mins. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and now it seems fine. Any ideas? Thanks! AE56B065-79B9-4F12-998F-C2869F0F1460.jpeg

2. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

#2 jason.tv, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    on a side note your date is incorrect and possibly log files. Did you notice this? possibly need the garmin fw update cable tool.

3. DeedWest

DeedWest Roadsters VP24 & 1462

While I’m not an expert, I’ve had this happen maybe twice over the past six years. I believe it’s due to voltage passing above 250V, and triggers the charge to stop. It’s usually caused by an anomaly with the electrical circuit in your home, causing voltage to spike - not a fault of the vehicle or charge cable.

Unless this continues frequently, it is not an issue to be concerned about.

4. ra88it

ra88it Member

Do you happen to have powerwalls?