Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DMC FW: Line Voltage Lost Sync or UnderFrequency fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this with the Tesla J1772 snake adapter? It's not my car - the cable was working fine on mine either from a JuiceBox or at work via Chargepoint station but now is misbehaving.

I recall seeing a thread about someone having limited success charging from chargepoint but I can't quite remember the details or find the thread

Is this likely to be the car or the cable?

Thanks

We've recently had phantom issues with that we suspected was the car. We're still debugging it. We've had the issue on my wife's 1.5 and using the CAN JR, and on two Roadster UMCs.

Service was able to recreate the problem on only one of the two UMCs and deemed it at fault.

Fingers crossed we have the car back @ home and it's charged twice since then.

Has anyone seen this with the Tesla J1772 snake adapter? It's not my car - the cable was working fine on mine either from a JuiceBox or at work via Chargepoint station but now is misbehaving.

I recall seeing a thread about someone having limited success charging from chargepoint but I can't quite remember the details or find the thread

Is this likely to be the car or the cable?

Thanks

Those darn snake adapters!:p You get that message when the charger suddenly cuts power without the car expecting it. I suppose it could be that ugly snake thing. But it's more likely a glitch with your charger or the breaker. It could be the Roadster if it's causing a ground fault. Does it restart on its own right away? Or after a few minutes? Or does it not restart at all?