Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do 2013-15 Cars still get Updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though my wife was disappointed that the new Chill mode acceleration isn't available on the 2012 S P85 she is driving - that feature seems to be active only on later models (dual motor configurations?) - so we have it on our S 100D, and with my heavier foot - will never use Chill...

And we do sometimes see updates on our S P85 before they show up on the newer S 100D - seems pretty random, which has been true for software updates on both cars since delivery.

Though my wife was disappointed that the new Chill mode acceleration isn't available on the 2012 S P85 she is driving - that feature seems to be active only on later models (dual motor configurations?)
Its only on ESP2 cars. Basically AP cars.

While we do get updates on our 2014, its very rare that they are actually useful, and are sometimes detrimental. Its a shame really, as there is so much that could be improved with very little effort, but Tesla doesn't seem to care about basic infotainment type stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: Buddyroe
Sort of. Updates that have nothing to do with autopilot have been requiring autopilot as a dependency lately to exclude features from old cars, but they do still get updated with things like sleighbell turn signal sound effects.

• Informative
Sort of. Updates that have nothing to do with autopilot have been requiring autopilot as a dependency lately to exclude features from old cars, but they do still get updated with things like sleighbell turn signal sound effects.

Which updates would that be? Easy Entry? Keep Climate On? (Yes I know about Chill, but that is a single feature, and you make it sound like multiple features were held back from older cars.)

• Informative
They removed performance easter egg on some but not all cars (it may simply be removed from newer firmwares but remain on for people that used it before it was removed) and excluded chill. Same basic function, they seem to be limiting accel profiles on pre-AP cars.

Based on these experiences I expect many more exclusions in the future that don't make sense.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Ours (2012) still gets the regular updates, like easy entry and key fob linking. Now I have to race my wife to the car, if she gets in first it resets to her seating position! Obviously it doesn't have autopilot at all, but unless you need special hardware, I think it gets all the functionality.

• Informative