Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do 2015’s record any accident information?

SamDean

Feb 4, 2019
Kansas City
First off, my family and I are fine. Thanks to Tesla, our car took the damage and not us.

A few hours ago I was side swiped by a semi truck and he’s telling the police that I was trying to speed past him. I had the cruise on for many miles prior to the incident and it was on when I was hit. If I had any information from the car it would clearly show that my speed had not changed until I was struck. Any help would be appreciated.

Be safe out there folks.

D.E.

Uncorked
Oct 12, 2016
Ann Arbor, MI
The car records a huge amount of data. To get an idea, you can look at the NTSB records for that fatal crash in Florida. It is all on line.

As to whether you can get the information your car recorded, you’ll need to ask Tesla.

SamDean

Feb 4, 2019
Kansas City
The car records a huge amount of data. To get an idea, you can look at the NTSB records for that fatal crash in Florida. It is all on line.

As to whether you can get the information your car recorded, you’ll need to ask Tesla.
Thank you. I’ll email my dude at the SC on Tuesday!

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Honestly, do not expect to receive any data, records or logs about your car or trip. Its simply not done.

Many of us have dash cams in our cars just for the example you mention. But dash cams are not limited to Tesla's.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC