Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do all Model 3 Performance come with track mode ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh, really ? Thanks. I didn't know that the brakes changed.

How do you tell whether or not you have the newer bigger brakes (is the caliper colour the only way to tell ?) or is there a production date after which you would know for sure you have the bigger brakes

So originally you could get the Performance model WITH or WITHOUT the Performance Upgrade Package. It included: Aluminum pedal covers, 20" rims, larger rotors and calipers which were painted red, a carbon fiber spoiler, 10mm lower suspension. Most didn't come with the CF Spoiler, and to date most are still missing it because who knows why. Tesla is suppose to install them for these owners any time now

A Model 3 Performance without the upgrade pack has standard rubber pedals, 18" Aero rims, smaller rotors/calipers that are just standard gray, no spoiler, same height suspension as non-performance models.

You were only able to order the Model 3 without Performance Upgrade Package for a very short time, before October 2018, and it had quite a low uptake I hear so they are fairly rare. I do own one, however, and it does have track mode.

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
So originally you could get the Performance model WITH or WITHOUT the Performance Upgrade Package. It included: Aluminum pedal covers, 20" rims, larger rotors and calipers which were painted red, a carbon fiber spoiler, 10mm lower suspension.

A Model 3 Performance without the upgrade pack has standard rubber pedals, 18" Aero rims, smaller rotors/calipers that are just standard gray, no spoiler, same height suspension as non-performance models. Most didn't come with the CF Spoiler, and to date most are still missing it because who knows why. Tesla is suppose to install them for these owners any time now

You were only able to order the Model 3 without Performance Upgrade Package for a very short time, before October 2018, and it had quite a low uptake I hear so they are fairly rare. I do own one, however, and it does have track mode.

Thanks everyone for your informative replies!

Thanks everyone for your informative replies!

No problem, I put the quip about missing CF spoilers in the wrong paragraph so I edited my original post. That's really all there is at the moment is if it has the Performance Upgrade Package or not. Most do, the other things that changed were free unlimited supercharging and the lifetime internet, but I don't think either of those transfer so it's no big deal there.

No problem, I put the quip about missing CF spoilers in the wrong paragraph so I edited my original post. That's really all there is at the moment is if it has the Performance Upgrade Package or not. Most do, the other things that changed were free unlimited supercharging and the lifetime internet, but I don't think either of those transfer so it's no big deal there.

When did lifetime internet and unlimited supercharging end ?

upload_2019-5-20_23-56-33.png

Made this a while ago