Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do any other EV's have "Dog Mode"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is actually a killer feature for me. We love travelling with our dog and it's nice to be able to live him in the car if we need to stop somewhere that he cannot go. So as the title suggests - do any other EV manufacturers offer this mode? Or even just the ability to leave climate control on without the screen message?

None yet. Others try to copy but nothing really comes close yet.

Thanks - I hadn't found any in my reading. My 4-year-old Tesla was just totaled, unfortunately. When I bought it it was just the M3 and the Bolt, really, as EV options. Now there are many more I could cross shop (I wouldn't consider going back to ICE). But dog mode is really important to how I use the car, so if no one else has that yet, it looks like I'll stick with Tesla.

Since that’s a critical feature for you, I would suggest contacting the manufacturers (and possibly the local dealer) of models that you wanted to cross shop. A quick note along the lines of, “While shopping for a replacement to my totaled 2018 Tesla Model 3, I was surprised that the Dog Mode feature from Tesla hadn’t made it to other manufacturers yet. Hopefully, you’ll add this feature so I can consider your vehicles when this Tesla gets replaced in the future. My use case requires this feature for me to even be considered in the purchasing process.”

Reactions: Aellinsar