Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do both people need to be there for pick up if its an "OR" registration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Making some vacation plans and its possible the delivery date may line up with when my wife and I will be traveling with our toddler to an area about 3 hours from where I live, on the off chance they setup the delivery around the same time and I just decide to catch a very long Uber, does my wife need to be there, the way we selected registration for the name was 'Me OR wife' basically.

Any help is appreciated!
Jon

Depends on how you purchased and your state's laws. In Texas, you have to both pay for and insure the car 100% before taking delivery, and its not necessary for all named parties to be present at delivery. The one exception was if the car was a lease (mine is not). I accepted the car via the app and that was it, no paperwork, signatures, etc.

Tim

Depends on how you purchased and your state's laws. In Texas, you have to both pay for and insure the car 100% before taking delivery, and its not necessary for all named parties to be present at delivery. The one exception was if the car was a lease (mine is not). I accepted the car via the app and that was it, no paperwork, signatures, etc.

Tim
I do have a co-signer, so I'm assuming from your statement I can just go pick it up myself? I'll probably have to dig deeper into Texas laws just to be sure