Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do current replacement touchscreens still suffer from the yellow edges?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My touch screen is starting to develop bubbles near the top. They're not bad enough to be a problem, at least not yet, but I would like to get it fixed while it's still in warranty, Going off information that is 6+ months old at this point, the replacement screens suffer from the dreaded yellow boarder. Given the choice between some bubbles and a yellow boarder, I think I'll keep my screen. However, if people are starting to get screens that don't yellow, then I'll definitely opt to get it fixed.

I had my screen (MCU 1) replaced about 10 months ago while they were doing full screen warranty replacements for yellow border issues. About 2 months ago the faint yellow showed up on the new screen, 2 weeks ago had the UV fix, and now looks fine. So, to answer your question, at least one replacement screen (mine!) also turned yellow. I do not know if current screens are better, but my guess is nobody will know at this point because it takes a while for the problem to appear.