TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Do customers like the folding 2nd row seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Skotty, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

To my surprise, I didn't see a thread on this when I did a search of this forum. Who knows, maybe I just missed it.

A huge complaint that got tons of attention in the first few months of Model X was about how the 2nd row seats don't fold flat. However, Tesla now has a fold fat 2nd row seat, but only in the 5 seat configuration.

How has public/customer reception been on this? Are people happy now? Does it still suck? Is it great, but sucks that it only seems to be an option in 5 seat config? Thoughts?

2. josher32

josher32 Member

We love ours! So much more storage option and also allows passenger in rear to recline back more than the 6 or 7 Seat variants.

• Like x 1
  3. pjhartog

pjhartog Member

No indications if they are going to do something for 6/7 seat configs and a folding middle row ?

4. carteriii

carteriii Member

I have the 5-seater and I'm happy with it. Could it be better? Definitely. For example, I wish we had three folding sections (left, right, middle) rather than only the 60/40. That would allow two passengers in the left & right seats and still allow the center portion to be lowered for something like skis to be set up the middle. Instead two people have to sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the "60%" section when the "40%" section is down.

Independent of the design, I still don't have a functioning cargo/load floor (as with many others, there are other posts here on that topic). That sucks, but I'm working around it.

I could mention other things but I don't want to sound too negative. I waited a year to take delivery of my X so I could put a dog crate in the back. I can now do that and overall I'm happy.

• Informative x 1
  5. Anjumhameed

Anjumhameed Member

A three folding sections (left, right, middle) would be wonderful. There is a lot of improvements that I am still expecting from tesla

6. rainforest

rainforest Member

I disagree with this. The setup is good as is, other than the fact that the design is not as cosmetically appealing as the 6 seater.