Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do delivery dates ever move earlier?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed my car switched to 'In Transit' yesterday, so I contacted my DS today. He let me know it was on its way and he scheduled delivery for next Friday (9/23).

He said that if the car did come in earlier he would definitely move the delivery date in. Question - has this ever happened, for anyone? Or should I just expect it on 9/23?

I'm not complaining about 9/23 - that would be 15 days from prod end to delivery and 29 days from order confirmation to delivery.

My DS sent email apologizing because transport delays, the car didn't make it the day before my 2 week delivery window. The window was set about the time the car was built. I assume everything is scheduled, build, transport and delivery, before they start building. How could they be playing games on scheduling at this point?

Once my car was built and in transit, the delivery date didn't change. The biggest delay was at the Portland Service Center where it sat for 6 days because they were so backed up. The day I took delivery two more truckloads of cars came in while I was there and undelivered cars were everywhere.

At the end of the quarter they are very motivated to get cars into people's hands ASAP, so I strongly doubt it will be any later than the 23rd.

I noticed my car switched to 'In Transit' yesterday, so I contacted my DS today. He let me know it was on its way and he scheduled delivery for next Friday (9/23).

He said that if the car did come in earlier he would definitely move the delivery date in. Question - has this ever happened, for anyone? Or should I just expect it on 9/23?

I'm not complaining about 9/23 - that would be 15 days from prod end to delivery and 29 days from order confirmation to delivery.

dckiwi,

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. I bet our cars are on the same truck lol. Are you taking delivery at the Tyco Rd location?

dckiwi,

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. I bet our cars are on the same truck lol. Are you taking delivery at the Tyco Rd location?

Yep - Tyco Road location. I see from the Model S tracking spreadsheet that yours was completed on 9/9, the day after mine. There's one other forum member (Coburg) who finished production on 9/5 and is probably on the same truck as well.

So do you have a delivery date set? If so what is it?

I do have a date. I am setup for 9/23 with pickup in the evening. I am pushing my DS to get stuff moved as early as possible. I am currently in a rental since my first Model S was totaled :-( . Insurance coverage for the rental ends tomorrow and im stuck paying for the rental until I can get in to my new Model S.

The 23rd cant come soon enough!