Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do electromagnetic fields cause long term damage to health by driving an EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For driving, AC waveforms are generated via the drive inverters from the DC battery pack. For charging, rectification is done which has its own ripple and isn't pure DC. For both cases, surely all the switching electronics to convert voltages are generating fields. These are all sources of EMF, despite the energy source itself being DC it can be used in many changing ways.

The interference I hear in my AM radio, especially while accelerating or decelerating, is quite annoying. I would have thought that the motors could have been shielded to eliminate that. Instead, they quit offering radio at all.

Do you know why they weren't/couldn't be shielded to prevent RF interference?

The interference I hear in my AM radio, especially while accelerating or decelerating, is quite annoying. I would have thought that the motors could have been shielded to eliminate that. Instead, they quit offering radio at all.

Do you know why they weren't/couldn't be shielded to prevent RF interference?

I don’t think it is because they couldn’t. My guess is that the cost in doing that for every car, considering how few people would find benefits to such shielding, wasn’t worth the cost.

Its AWD thanks for asking. I think the real difference is (and everyone knows this)
the electrons are larger in Europe. Watch out because some of the hair growth is
not always where you want it.

That may also may reason we get so many more KM to your miles.
Oh that explains my fine pelt of back hair.
Would that be using too much Rogaine and not wearing gloves while you massage it into your scalp?
Well, the cause does involve massaging something, but not your scalp.
But don't do it. You'll go blind AND get hairy palms.

• Funny
Reactions: Tron 3