TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Do Fully Reclining Rear Seats Still Exist?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by K-MTG, Jan 27, 2017.

1. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Does a market still exist for rear seats that recline all the way (as much as the front seats)? I would want them but I can't think of a car that has them anymore?? The Bentayga, Escalade, etc... don't have them, do you know which cars do?

Would it be possible to modify the 6 seaters to recline all the way?

The only car that I owned that had them was a Chrysler Town and Country mini-van built in the late 90's. My MDX 2004/2014 didn't have them.

2. K-MTG

The 2nd row seats are great but not the best to sleep in compared to the front seats. And obviously the X has more leg room in the front and back compared to any other cars that I owned.

3. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

How much do the front seats recline? Close to flat? Would love a pic!

4. K-MTG

They recline about 160 degrees, I will post a picture.

5. McManX

McManX Member

The second row seats (two captains chairs with ARM RESTS) in my old suburban reclined about that far. I believe the more recent models still recline that far but are power, not manual, now.

6. Yinn

Yinn Member

Toyota Sienna Limited has middle seats that recline almost all the way. It helps it has a foot rest that extends out like a recliner sofa and makes it more comfortable than the fronts.