TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Do I have a record?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Chipper, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I have not seen where anyone is keeping track of this but I think I might have a record for the longest Model S (EV???) trip. I drove out to TMC Connect from Chattanooga via Norfolk, VA (had to take the grandkids back home) and returned to Chattanooga. Recorded mileage was 9,050 miles. Superchargers all the way except for first recharge in Asheville, NC (on the way to Burlington) and the final two charges at a KOA in Benton, IL and the last one at the new (as yet unlicensed) Tesla Service Center in Brentwood, TN. Has anyone gone farther on a single trip?

2. MacLeodMX

MacLeodMX Member

Congrats to you if indeed it is a record, but as you know, records are made to be broken.
    The wife and I will be on the road for three months this Fall, with 11,000 miles+ planned. Much of this will be supercharged, but we'll be spending a lot of time in RV campgrounds along the way too. Should be a blast.

3. Larry

Larry Member

I believe last year a couple went 15000 miles over 3-4 months but I can't find the link.

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

HERE is the link. 15k miles in a 60kWh, with very few (if any) Superchargers as I recall.

5. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

There was the 12K mile Plugshare Epic Electric American Roadtrip as well.

6. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

It may not be as many miles, but the two guys who drove to Panama from Texas should have some type of record.

7. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I only hope those who have traveled as far and farther, and those planning on a trip of this nature, enjoy(ed) their trip even half as much as I enjoyed mine! What an amazing mode of transportation!!