Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have any wiggle room on delivery day if I switch to carrier direct delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - I had to pass on my first VIN due delivery date being in the middle of closing on my mortgage. They put me on a 7 day hold, then assigned me a new vin the next day. I am closing on my house Monday afternoon. The latest date and time I could select for delivery was Wednesday at 4pm. The delivery centre is a 6 hour drive for me, so carrier direct delivery is an option. Due to the mortgage process, I was not able to get my financing sorted out yet as I can't have any hard inquiries on my report while the mortgage process is ongoing. So I may opt for Tesla financing after I close on Monday.

My question is: If I switch to carrier direct delivery, can I get my delivery date pushed a couple days? How much of a heads up do I need to give them for the carrier direct option? It's a bit unfeasible right now to fly out to Mt Kisco to pick up my new car and drive 6 hours home a day before thanksgiving.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

We had two cars delivered via Carrier Direct from Mt Kisco, and I made a post about our experience with it. Long story short, they’d mail you paperwork that you’d have to complete and send back to them (at this point, if you told them tomorrow they *may* ship the paperwork out same day, you might get it Sunday or Monday, and you could dilly-dally and take a day to complete it, then it’s another day to get back there. So they’d get it back Tuesday or Wednesday, and then it’s thanksgiving), and then once they get that and everything’s situated, it’s dependent upon when the driver gets around to picking up your car. They just like a heads up before the car gets there, but I think even after the car getting there you can change it. It’ll buy you a bit of time.

Edit to say that I just realized you’ve already commented on my carrier direct post! So it may not be anything new.

We had two cars delivered via Carrier Direct from Mt Kisco, and I made a post about our experience with it. Long story short, they’d mail you paperwork that you’d have to complete and send back to them (at this point, if you told them tomorrow they *may* ship the paperwork out same day, you might get it Sunday or Monday, and you could dilly-dally and take a day to complete it, then it’s another day to get back there. So they’d get it back Tuesday or Wednesday, and then it’s thanksgiving), and then once they get that and everything’s situated, it’s dependent upon when the driver gets around to picking up your car. They just like a heads up before the car gets there, but I think even after the car getting there you can change it. It’ll buy you a bit of time.

Edit to say that I just realized you’ve already commented on my carrier direct post! So it may not be anything new.

ahh yes that’s right, thanks again for that post, was very helpful. good to know that the carrier direct will buy me a bit of time. since i have to take this VIN or get my order canceled, i was worried if i spring the carrier direct delivery on them a day before delivery they would just tell me no and cancel my order haha

ahh yes that’s right, thanks again for that post, was very helpful. good to know that the carrier direct will buy me a bit of time. since i have to take this VIN or get my order canceled, i was worried if i spring the carrier direct delivery on them a day before delivery they would just tell me no and cancel my order haha
I would still probably call them up to switch today - like I said, it’ll take time for the paperwork and they can’t deliver until they have your payment anyways. I would be nervous waiting until the day before the scheduled pick up date!

I would still probably call them up to switch today - like I said, it’ll take time for the paperwork and they can’t deliver until they have your payment anyways. I would be nervous waiting until the day before the scheduled pick up date!
good call - i texted them today and got it moved to carrier direct. waiting to hear the carrier direct team for next steps

Reactions: RocY