Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have LFP or NCA Battery? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a 2021 Model 3 SR+.

How can I know for certain what battery type I have? LFP or NCA?

Where can I find out battery details of my car? Is there a setting in car, app, Tesla account?

If you bought the LFP battery, I thought tesla was informing everyone of that, and making them accept it before they would schedule delivery. Are they not doing that anymore?

Reactions: Gasaraki
If you bought the LFP battery, I thought tesla was informing everyone of that, and making them accept it before they would schedule delivery. Are they not doing that anymore?
They did not make me specifically accept the vehicle. I chose it from inventory and my SA assisted me in canceling my prior order and transferring the original reservation fee as a credit. By reserving a second vehicle from inventory, I suppose I accepted it.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I just took delivery of a 2021 Model 3 SR+.

How can I know for certain what battery type I have? LFP or NCA?

Where can I find out battery details of my car? Is there a setting in car, app, Tesla account?
There is a lot of good information in this thread. The easiest way to tell if you have an LFP vehicle is to look at the charge screen. If it shows limits for “daily” and “trip” it is not an LFP car. I attach a screen shot from the EU owner’s manual indicating this is a reliable method. Also, the GVWR (gross vehicle weight) will be 4,658 lbs on an LFP car. You can find this on a sticker in the driver’s door opening.

Attachments

• 470C7D14-EEFF-49E7-AD08-033DD77AD6C0.jpeg
    470C7D14-EEFF-49E7-AD08-033DD77AD6C0.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 1,590
There is no trip / daily setting in the app or car. I just see the notches for roughly 50,60,70,80,90% etc. so, this would indicate it is an LPF?

But, my max charge shows 264 miles, which indicates NCA? Or maybe not since s/w on LPF was updated to match NCA mileage?

And my GVVR is 4446, indicates NCA.

Still nothing definitive.

Shouldn’t be this damn hard to know what battery pack I purchased ,jeez

Reactions: jleeusn
There is no trip / daily setting in the app or car. I just see the notches for roughly 50,60,70,80,90% etc. so, this would indicate it is an LPF?

But, my max charge shows 264 miles, which indicates NCA? Or maybe not since s/w on LPF was updated to match NCA mileage?

And my GVVR is 4446, indicates NCA.

Still nothing definitive.

Shouldn’t be this damn hard to know what battery pack I purchased ,jeez
In your case, I would go with the weight. Which indicates an NCA battery. However, I am surprised there is no “daily“ and “trip” indicator as I do not believe Tesla has changed their advice on max daily charge for the NCA battery.