TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Do I have to ACH down payment or can I take a bank check when I go to pick up?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by gujudog, Jul 15, 2018.

1. gujudog

gujudog Member

Picking up tomorrow and was wondering if I have to ACH the payment through my account before my meeting or can I take a bank check. My CU that I am financing through wants a copy of official bank check to process the loan.

2. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

What did the instructions from your ISA say? Read your email.../

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Yeah, lots of these. It usually depends on the location and amount of the payoff. Most of mine was the loan from Alliant with about $10K from a personal check. But I also believe Tesla ran a credit check. So YMMV.

You’d think a bank (cashiers, etc) would always work but there have been so many scams with these recently, who knows what their policy may be.

4. EV-Tiger

EV-Tiger Member

Where do you live/take position of the car? If in Texas, you must pay in full for the Tesla before it is loaded on the transport for shipment to your service center.

• Informative x 1
  5. psyrob

psyrob Member

In So Cal, I used a cashier's check for the full amount, the funds for my loan were deposited by the bank right into my checking account. I could have used ACH, but felt safer going with the cashier's check. When I got to the delivery center, they let me know that I could have used a personal check for any balance that was left, but the cashier's check covered it all

• Informative x 1
  6. LBH PML

LBH PML New Member

My rep confirmed that I could use a personal check for the full amount. Delivery went smoothly.