Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I have to Use phone key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my new 22MY yesterday and I’m wondering do I have to use phone key. Now before anyone says anything I understand that Tesla are all the cool technology which yes is a main reason I purchased this car BUT when I parked out side my phone in the basement which is in the completely didn’t sides of the house my husband walked up to my car and was able to unlock it as if the phone was with him and he doesn’t have the Tesla app nothing. Which didn’t make me feel comfortable with it since that happen I put in pin to drive. I did purchase key fobs before hand but do I have to have phone key. If not how do I disconnect my phone from the vehicle to only use my fobs?

I just took delivery of my new 22MY yesterday and I’m wondering do I have to use phone key. Now before anyone says anything I understand that Tesla are all the cool technology which yes is a main reason I purchased this car BUT when I parked out side my phone in the basement which is in the completely didn’t sides of the house my husband walked up to my car and was able to unlock it as if the phone was with him and he doesn’t have the Tesla app nothing. Which didn’t make me feel comfortable with it since that happen I put in pin to drive. I did purchase key fobs before hand but do I have to have phone key. If not how do I disconnect my phone from the vehicle to only use my fobs?
My car won’t unlock unless I have my phone near the drivers door. I accidentally locked it in the frunk one time and it wouldn’t open.

If it makes a difference, I have an iPhone so possible it’s different with Android.

I suspect your car is being left unlocked due to some other setting. There is a setting where it doesn’t lock when you are home. You might check that.

Upvote 0
My car won’t unlock unless I have my phone near the drivers door. I accidentally locked it in the frunk one time and it wouldn’t open.

If it makes a difference, I have an iPhone so possible it’s different with Android.

I suspect your car is being left unlocked due to some other setting. There is a setting where it doesn’t lock when you are home. You might check that.
Your probably right I will double check thank you so much!!

Upvote 0