Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need a spare tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that now. My point was, I bought an air compressor branded "Slime" but had no actual slime/goo/ectoplasm included in the product. So it seemed weird to me that a company would call itself "Slime" for no apparent reason.

Ahh, okay. I think their initial product was one of those all-in-one cans of compressed air and goo. They have branched out into a number of other tire repair-related products.

Out of 30 years driving I needed to put a spare tire on four times that I can think of. Two were catastrophic blow outs and two were slow leaks that I didn't notice until I got out of work.

Both blow outs were due to our terrible roads in California. One was on a trailer and I noticed a pothole at the last minute and I couldn't swerve without causing a larger incident. The blow out destroyed the rim on my trailer, that destroyed rim actually helped catch a guy breaking into cars in my neighborhood so some good came out of it. The second was partially my fault and I will blame the terrible road conditions here. I took a long trip and didn't notice that my wifes car tread was a tad low. I hit an extremely rough patch on the highway and it caused one of my tires go.

Don't run your tires bald and avoid pot holes and you should be ok. I will probably get the slime compressor for my car.