Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need to buy a NEMA 14-50 adapter separately for Charging my tesla Model Y (June deliverY) at home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because people have been using TT-30 to power their camping trailers practically since the days of covered wagons. As RVs and motorhomes have become larger and have all of the modern conveniences 30A service is no longer adequate. A 50A connection such as the 14-50 is needed to handle the additional power requirements the larger motorhomes.

Probably because people have been using TT-30 to power their camping trailers practically since the days of covered wagons. As RVs and motorhomes have become larger and have all of the modern conveniences 30A service is no longer adequate. A 50A connection such as the 14-50 is needed to handle the additional power requirements the larger motorhomes.
But it's basically a 5-30. Why didn't they call it that?

NEMA 5-30 vs TT-30 vs L5-30

38FA7614-2946-45EF-ACE9-F8E2D7577D6D.jpeg

Oh, FFS. Yes, I already knew there literally is a 5-30 that looks different, but is functionally identical. I'm just wondering how the everlovin' #@^& was this allowed to happen? One of them must have existed first and should have been named (or renamed) 5-30 and then the other should have been forbidden from being created.