TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Do I need to purchase the cell phone charging cable?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by psykobunny83, Jul 5, 2018.

1. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

I noticed in the online store you can buy different versions of the phone charging cable. I need the USB C one; is that included or should I purchase that now so I have it when I take delivery?

2. GenSao

GenSao Member

A USB-C cable and a Lightning cable will be included with your Model 3 (for now with Premium Upgrade Package). You may be able to trade cables with other people at the delivery location or online.

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. Tesla should change it so you can specify which cables you want when you configure your Model 3 or at the very least be able to swap them when you take delivery. Maybe one day...

4. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I’ve taken to carrying the usb-c cable incase I meet someone who wants to swap :)

5. Emmexx1

Emmexx1 Member

Gave my lightning connector to my sister-in-law lol