Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I wait for "Battery Day" to order Model 3?Or are we not expecting major changes post battery day?

Do I wait to order Model 3 LR until after battery day or just order now?

• Wait

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Order now

Votes: 49 70.0%

• Total voters

cdswm3

SR+
Jul 2, 2020
Canada
Since battery day is toward the end of the quarter, I would assume that they would have already sold most of the cars for the quarter push and should be able to start the new quarter with whatever modifications they are making!

There won't be any changes to current cars. All changes will be to future product.

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
What's the point of ordering on or a day after battery day? Do you think they will announce some magical battery then instantly say, "starting from today all new builds will have this magical battery"? If not then it's pointless to wait a day after. Unless you want to wait a year or two then maybe.

• Disagree
Reactions: BlindPass

BlindPass

Jul 23, 2020
Florida
What's the point of ordering on or a day after battery day? Do you think they will announce some magical battery then instantly say, "starting from today all new builds will have this magical battery"? If not then it's pointless to wait a day after. Unless you want to wait a year or two then maybe.
Information gets priced into decisions well before cars come off production lines.

My willingness to pay current prices for the current offerings is influenced by information on future products. Even if that means signing a lease as opposed to buying, assuming the new car acquisition can’t be delayed.

Reactions: kavyboy

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
What's the point of ordering on or a day after battery day? Do you think they will announce some magical battery then instantly say, "starting from today all new builds will have this magical battery"

For the plaid Model S I think that's entirely likely.

Other cars, not so much.

Reactions: Gasaraki

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC