Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do it yourself: Wireless Charging Model X/S for iPhone X or Samsung 8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in case anyone is looking for quick way to add Wireless charging for newer phones like the iPhone X or Samsung 8 and still be able to glance at their screen. Lots of various wireless chargers for autos on Amazon. This one was 29.99 and uses the new fast USBC connector on the charger end and standard USB on the Tesla side.

You need to order 2 pieces.
Proclipusa.com and order the Angled Dash Mount for Model S/X (29.00) and from Amazon order the Fast Wireless Car Charger https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075D22PQ7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for 29.99

The key to selecting a proper charger is to make sure the rear bracket can be removed so it lays flat on the ProClip mount . This charger allows you to remove rear bracket with a single screw. To mount it on the ProClip mount you just need to use same mounting screws you removed from the bracket. The ProClip us great as it can be removed without damaging anything. The USB cable can be run on the side of the center console and use the same USB slot as the built in charger.

Hope this helps -

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    399.5 KB · Views: 361
Reactions: Cowby
I've been looking for a good setup since my iOttie magnetic mount doesn't like staying on the vents on the Model X.

However, I concerns relying on that trim and it being so close to the screen. What are the chances it looks like it could pry away the trim or damage the screen?

Haven't taken delivery on my MX yet - due next month. But, I have done something similar on my other cars.
Does this give the driver enough of a view to use Waze while driving, yet still give full viewing and control of the
Tesla big screen? Also, how do you release the phone from the cradle? Thanks for the well thought out installation and
directions.

I've been looking for a good setup since my iOttie magnetic mount doesn't like staying on the vents on the Model X.

However, I concerns relying on that trim and it being so close to the screen. What are the chances it looks like it could pry away the trim or damage the screen?

Totally understand the concern. I’ve had this mount since June 2016 and had to remove it twice and no issue with metal trim damage. You need to becareful when removing and pull from the bottom upwards. It does limit the passenger from changing their temp unless they lean over. Hasn’t really be an issue for us. You have options when you mount as to how far out you want it away from the screen. Just leave the ball mount in place. I like it fairly close as you see. It’s about 1/2 from the screen.

Haven't taken delivery on my MX yet - due next month. But, I have done something similar on my other cars.
Does this give the driver enough of a view to use Waze while driving, yet still give full viewing and control of the
Tesla big screen? Also, how do you release the phone from the cradle? Thanks for the well thought out installation and
directions.

Yes, I use Waze all the time and the angle is fine. Again , you can use the ball mount from the charger which will also allow you to angle more.

Has anyone thought about a console solution? I don’t like the idea of a dash mount with the cord hanging down. I have been renting a Chevy Tahoe for 2 weeks while on vacation. It has a very nice charging solution integrated into the armrest. In our cars the armrest wouldn’t work. But what about the sliding console door?