Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do Model S/X with HEPA filter also have a smaller cabin filter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My title basically asks the question. Is there a standard cabin filter behind the glove box when a HEPA filter is present?

Thanks!

nope... hepa filter does the whole system

the small cabin air filter is for ice car which has a air intake for the engine and cabin air for the HVAC.

current Tesla only has one air filter which is the HEPA filter and it's huge takes up the whole front end firewall that separates the cabin to the trunk. the older version had a small cabin air filter but that has been phased out.

nope... hepa filter does the whole system

the small cabin air filter is for ice car which has a air intake for the engine and cabin air for the HVAC.

current Tesla only has one air filter which is the HEPA filter and it's huge takes up the whole front end firewall that separates the cabin to the trunk. the older version had a small cabin air filter but that has been phased out.

This is simply not correct. You can verify it in the Tesla parts catalog. I’ve also attached my most recent service invoice showing replacement of BOTH the HEPA filter and the cabin filter.

Do you need both? Suppose that can be debated... but they’re both definitely there.

69E93B3E-74C8-42C8-BDC6-6AFA52935F2E.png

How do I replace my MS cabin filter, assuming it is easy? I do not have the hepa filter so assume the cabin filter may be dirty after 8K miles.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket hepa by removing frunk well? Any complications getting it to re-assemble? Was improvement in air quality worth the task?